Saturday 16 March 2024

Hello!

Wow!........2024.........older and greyer, and time passing by faster and faster.

Fifty gardens to look after now, and I'm entering my next year of working on the tools less. Two more years and I will have been in this business for fifty years! It is indeed a vocation, and not a job. Alas, the body is feeling it now, but I still love most of the work, and the challenges and rewards that it brings.

I have enjoyed a morning with youngest daughter Rebecca today, making breakfast for us both, and once again trying out different art techniques and mediums. All very messy, funny, and colourful.
Amanda took herself off in the van to the Haven Ferry car park.


She likes to settle in for the duration with her latest book, and a cup of tea from the adjacent cafe. When together, we can spend hours here watching the boats go by, reading, and very often falling asleep like two old duffers. Sometimes a must is a bacon and egg roll before work at some nearby properties.

Tomorrow afternoon sees other daughter Claire and her family coming over for the afternoon. When my step mother died a pile of video recordings were left to us. Mostly of her and dad on their travels in Germany, but also of mine and Amandas first time there with her, and also one of Claire at about seven years old in her first nativity play.....all very embarrassing! The tapes are now on an external hard drive, all very modern. So, a get together to go through them should be fun.

It's been a long time since I posted, and I've been posting much less often. Health has been an issue these last couple of years, but things are on the up and I plan to get back into my blog a little more again.
I really do hope you are all still out there and haven't given up on me. I've enjoyed dipping into your blogs in my absence.


Tata for now.




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are on the up for you, Gary and look forward to you posting more.
    I like the sound of a cuppa and a bacon and egg roll in that car park. I like to be by the water, easpecially if there's a dramatic sea involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie
    Likewise. We are very fortunate to live near the sea, and make the most of it. The egg in a bap always ends up running down my front, as does the jam in a doughnut.

    ReplyDelete