Monday 22 February 2010

Ugh......................................Monday!

Raining.........raining...........raining!!! I looked out of the window this morning and not so good, but have to muster up something to get me going. Three cups of tea and then it's off to get the turf to finish off the job from Friday. A drive to Eco Composting alongside Bournemouth Airport is the first stop.

Bournemouth Airport ( end of runway....ooohh!)

The road into 'Thunderdome'.....again!

Throw a load of very wet and heavy turfs onto trailer...

A drive through the country, over the Avon River........

Turfs off the trailer.........

And onto the ground...........Sorted!!

Then it's off to Highcliffe to do a load of pruning at Andree Court......


and then next door to Felicity Court.......are you all excited yet?


And with the working day done I take a selection of carrier bags of clean clothing into the toilets of the local DIY store to do a quick 'Superman' change from scruffy and dirty old gardener to 'Catwalk Man!'
It's then off to Marks & Spencer (in the centre of the picture), to meet Amanda for coffee and carrot cake.


Now I know most of you may not be amazed but the level of excitement in my average working day but hey...it's real...and makes things like carrot cake even more worth while!
I can't wait for summer. The shorts can come out, tee-shirts on, sunglasses and suntan and roof down on the van...oops, went a bit far there!
As I work on my own I wonder if I will remain fairly normal or turn into one of the many lone gardeners that I see talking to themselves, stooping and wearing bobble hats even in the summer. I don't want to go down the Tom Hanks route and paint a face onto a basketball....but if needs must then so be it! If anyone wants to comment about anything please do as I can print it up, pin it to the van dashboard and pretend I have a real friend in the van with me.........don't worry...only kidding!
See you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment